Swiss rapeseed oil - The healthiest cooking oil
DAR-VIDA is now even better and healthier! All DAR-VIDA products are now manufactured using rapeseed oil, the healthiest cooking oil from a nutritional and physiological point of view. Rapeseed oil contains valuable omega-3 fatty acids and is rich in vitamin E.
What is so special about Swiss rapeseed oil?
- Very low proportion of saturated fatty acids.
- High proportion of monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Balanced, but not excessively high proportion of linoleic acid, a polyunsaturated omega-6 fatty acid.
- Rich in alpha-linolenic acid, a polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acid. Rapeseed oil is the only commonly available local oil containing significant quantities of this substance that has a favourable effect on the cardiovascular system. One tablespoon of rapeseed oil (= 15g oil) covers 80% of our daily requirement.
- Significant vitamin E content. One tablespoon of rapeseed oil covers 30% of our daily requirement.
The ratio is important
The ratio of linoleic acid (omega-6 fatty acid) and alpha-linolenic acid (omega-3 fatty acid) in the food we eat is very important. A ratio of 5:1 is ideally recommended by the Association of German, Austrian and Swiss Societies for Nutrition (DACH). The average ratio of these substances in the nutrition of the general population is however 15: 1. This unfavourable ratio can be improved by regular consumption of rapeseed oil, which has a typical ratio of 2.5:1.