Health & enjoyment
Of course healthy eating should also be pleasurable and enjoyable; this is most likely to happen in company. It is not necessary to keep to these recommendations day by day, but you should keep to them over a longer period of time, a week for example. The recommended fluid intake is an exception; it is necessary to keep to this every day.
- Take plenty of calorie-free drinks, at intervals throughout the day.
- Eat vegetables and fruit every day, in as many different colours as possible.
- You should eat a side dish of foods containing starch with every main meal, preferably whole grain products.
- Once a day, eat meat, fish, eggs or another source of protein.
- Consume three portions of milk or milk products a day.
- Oils, fats and nuts should form part of your daily diet, but in small quantities.
- Where sweets and snacks are concerned: enjoy sparingly!
- Eat a variety of foods, and as far as possible eat foods in season.
- Take care to prepare food so as to preserve its nutrients and use salt with restraint.
- Enjoy your food. This is easiest to do in company.